Parking Spot Wait List - Make it Public?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Parking Spot Wait List - Make it Public?

Post  Aaron Bloom on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:39 pm

I now know three different people/families who were told by Beko they are first on the wait list for a parking spot in our lot. I suspect there are more. The whole parking spot process is very opaque. The wait list (along with the price for a spot) should be posted in a public place, or at least available for view on request. This would make the process more transparent and allow residents to plan appropriately. Also, it is unclear to me why Beko handles the wait list for the lot as opposed to Samson.

Aaron Bloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parking Spot Wait List - Make it Public?

Post  Stephen Wilkinson on Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:07 pm

This is an excellent question - I hope to have an answer from management tomorrow regarding the actual existence of a wait list, and the process by which the entire parking lot assignments are made.

stay tuned....

Stephen Wilkinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Parking Tax

Post  Robert Hughes on Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:33 am

Anyone who is interested in obtaining a parking space remember that you are exempt from paying NYC tax on that space. If I remember correctly, you must contact NYC Department of Consumer Affairs, or call 311, to request a parking tax exemption form. You also must obtain the vendor number (?), which is the number given to the site. The number is not on the sign in the lot, or at least wasn't in the past, and Samson, in the past, was not cooperative. As long as your primary residence is NYC, you're exempt. Hope this is helpful. Good luck.

Robert Hughes
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Wilkinson on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:43 pm

I am still waiting to hear from Samson regarding this question... excellent info Robert!

Stephen Wilkinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Parking Tax

Post  Robert Hughes on Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:02 pm

Hey folks, I need to clarify the info I posted earlier regarding the parking tax exemption. You can Google "NYC Parking Tax Exemption" and it will access NYC.gov from which you can download an application from the site. The tax for Manhattan residents is 18.375%; however, it is a bit of a misnomer since you're not really exempt, the rate is just reduced to 10.375%. In order to process the application, you will need the Consumer Affairs license number of the lot which Samson Mgmt. should provide. Hope this clears any confusion I may have caused with the last posting. Have a good evening.

Robert Hughes
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Wilkinson on Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:58 am

Just to keep everyone updated - Samson has still not responded to us - Jacob Morel has kindly reached out to Joe Lipson on our behalf, so we shall see...

Stephen Wilkinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top