Public Safety

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Public Safety

Post  Stephen Wilkinson on Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:51 pm

Hi all,

I just wanted to share the following from which was passed to me from the InwoodKids group by a friend:

Hi, fellow parents,

I was robbed tonight as I was walking home with my 17 months old. It was around 6:30 PM in the Inwood Hill Park on the path between the Indian Road playground and the baseball field. The robbers were two very-very young Hispanic boys. I'd say about 16 y.o. They were clearly "first timers". One made like he had a weapon under his hoodie which I never really saw and demanded I give them "all I have". I did not want to take chances with my kid right there especially since "all I had" was my wallet with credit cards - easy to cancel - and no cash. BUT this could have been a lot worse. The park was far from empty. There was even at least one person that jogged past us right as this was happening (and were I sans the kid I probably would have just screamed at that point). I filed a police report. This can be easily repeated by someone with a more "experience" and/or a more malicious intent. I know/see a lot of people walking in or near the park at this time.
As it gets darker earlier and earlier, it seems to invite all sort of trouble. Please be aware and, if possible, avoid walking by yourself after dark, even in populated areas.

Thank you

Stephen Wilkinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top